Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Recipe posted by request by Chef #189804. This is delish condiment can be use on scones to your favorite chicken or pork roast!Try it as an appetizer by spreading cream cheese on a serving plate the spoon the conserves on top. Serve with your favorite crackers. Top some warmed brie with the conserves. Use it as a filling for a layer cake. Jar it for a nice gift!
- 5 cups lychee, peeled, pitted, & chopped
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup orange, peeled seeded and chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 orange, rind of, finely sliced
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot except for pecans.
- Bing to a boil stirring till sugar is dissolved.
- Cook rapidly almost to the gelling point.
- About 15 minutes of a rolling boil while being stirred.
- Add pecans cook and stir for 5 more minutes.
- Pour into hot jars leaving 1/4 inch head space.
- Remove air bubbles.
- Adjust the caps.
- Process for 15 minutes in a boiling water canner.
- Make sure tops of jar are cover by an inch of water.
- Cool at room temperature and store in your cabinet.
- Chill after opening.