Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
From www.thesplendidtable.com. This is a recipe from by Shellagh Connelly and happens to be the favorite breakfast dish of my son. "Keep the eggs tender by slowly scrambling and not overcooking. A heavy non-stick pan is a great help here."
- 1 large scallion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon tightly packed curly fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon tightly packed fresh basil or 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Combine chopped herbs.
- In medium bowl, use fork to combine eggs and cream.
- Stir in cream cheese, herbs, some salt and pepper.
- (Eggs don't have to be completely uniform).
- In 10-inch heavy non-stick pan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add eggs, stir with spatula for a few seconds.
- Bring heat to low setting.
- Keep stirring.
- (about 3 min).
- Scrape eggs sticking to pan.
- Plate and serve.
I made this for Easter brunch and it was fantastic! I doubled the recipe and followed it as written though didn't have enough cream cheese to double that. It really is rich and luxurious and had us all going back for seconds. This will be my dish of choice from now on when whenever I'm having guests for breakfast. Thank you for this winner Reed.
"Luxury Splendid" indeed! These are wonderful - a perfect indulgence that's fast and easy to put together. I didn't use the cream, but they were still awesome. Thanks for posting this recipe! I can't wait to try it with spinach replacing the herbs -- it's just too yummy.