Recipe by evelyn/athens
These eggs are wonderful. The cream cheese really provides a richness that makes them special. Slightly adapted from a recipe by Shellagh Connelly, as I like my eggs even more luxurious. :-)
- 1 large scallion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon tightly packed curly fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon tightly packed fresh basil or 1⁄2 tablespoon tarragon leaf, chopped
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into about 3/4-inch pieces
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, as needed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- fresh chives, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the chopped herbs. In a medium bowl use a fork to loosely combine the eggs and cream. Stir in cream cheese, the herbs, and a little salt and pepper. Eggs do not have to be completely uniform.
- In a 10-inch heavy non-stick skillet melt the butter over medium heat. Add the eggs and stir with a spatula for a few seconds.
- Lower heat to medium low and keep stirring, scraping up any egg sticking to the pan, for 3 minutes, or until large curds form. Eggs can be served almost wet, moist yet approaching firm (my preference), or quite firm.
- Serving suggestion: Serve hot, maybe with a salad of tart greens and orange sections for contrast.