Chef #946048's Note:
This started off as a basic Rhubarb Crumble recipe that I experimented with until I had added other ingredients that complemented the rhubarb and created a much richer taste. It is a fairly quick and easy dessert to make and is still simple with a heart-warming homely feel.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 150 g all-purpose flour
- 25 g oats
- 60 g granulated brown sugar
- 100 g butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1Preheat oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4 and lightly grease a 9-inch round pie tin with butter.
- 2Put all crumble topping ingredients into a food processor and blitz until ingredients are well mixed but not too finely chopped.
- 3Place all crumble filling ingredients into a pot and cook for around 5 minutes over a medium heat on the stove stirring until all sugar has dissolved and the rhubarb has softened but still retaining some shape.
- 4Pour crumble filling into the greased pan and place the crumble topping on the filling , use your fingers to 'loosen' the crumble to create rough texture , do not smooth the crumble over.
- 5Bake in oven for around 25 minutes.
- 6Serve immediately alone or with clotted cream/ice-cream but if you serve the crumble after it has cooled then re-heat in oven for 5 minutes in the same temperature it was baked inches.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Luxury Rhubarb Crumble
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 517.3
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 53.4 mg
- Sodium 154.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 38.4 g
- Protein 6.1 g