Recipe by canned_pears
This started off as a basic Rhubarb Crumble recipe that I experimented with until I had added other ingredients that complemented the rhubarb and created a much richer taste. It is a fairly quick and easy dessert to make and is still simple with a heart-warming homely feel.
- 150 g all-purpose flour
- 25 g oats
- 60 g granulated brown sugar
- 100 g butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 400 g chopped fresh or frozen forced pink rhubarb
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- 90 g caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 10 g peeled and grated fresh ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4 and lightly grease a 9-inch round pie tin with butter.
- Put all crumble topping ingredients into a food processor and blitz until ingredients are well mixed but not too finely chopped.
- Place all crumble filling ingredients into a pot and cook for around 5 minutes over a medium heat on the stove stirring until all sugar has dissolved and the rhubarb has softened but still retaining some shape.
- Pour crumble filling into the greased pan and place the crumble topping on the filling , use your fingers to 'loosen' the crumble to create rough texture , do not smooth the crumble over.
- Bake in oven for around 25 minutes.
- Serve immediately alone or with clotted cream/ice-cream but if you serve the crumble after it has cooled then re-heat in oven for 5 minutes in the same temperature it was baked inches.