Black pepper and steak, how great they work together! We all love peppered steak, but this version is so good, none of us bother to order it when we go out anymore as we know it just won't live up to this! Very Very Peppery, as a pepper sauce should be, and lovely and creamy too. The brandy is not optional in this recipe so do not dare to leave it out! You can make the sauce well in advance, so long as you remember to reserve some pepper to season your steaks with. Serve with chunky chips (fries) and perhaps some mushrooms and greens for a luxury Friday night meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grind the peppercorns either in a food processor, pestle and mortar or take out all but 2tbsp peppercorns from your pepper grinder and grind all that is left. Do not reduce to a fine powder, you want 'cracked' peppercorns.
- 2Season your steaks with salt and a generous amount of pepper on both sides and set aside until ready to cook just before serving.
- 3Melt the butter and gently fry the shallots on a medium low heat until just beginning to colour, approx 5minutes.
- 4Add the remaining ground peppercorns and the garlic if using, fry for 1-2 minutes only then pour over the brandy. Once bubbled for a second or 2, add the beef stock along with the Worcestershire sauce, mustard and cream, heat gently.
- 5Taste the sauce, season with salt if necessary and set aside until ready to reheat and use. Cover with clingfilm so that it touches the sauce to prevent a skin forming
- 6Grill or fry the steaks according to how you like it done (I think medium is perfect for this sauce) and serve with enough sauce to dip your chips into!
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Luxury Peppered Beef Steaks
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 601.4
- Calories from Fat 529
- Total Fat 58.8 g
- Saturated Fat 36.6 g
- Cholesterol 205.2 mg
- Sodium 307.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: