Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Forget commercially made muesli. This all natural, delicious recipe will knock your socks off and give your day a great start! Feel free to adjust quantities or ingredients as desired. Keep a container of it on the counter for quick, nutritious breakfasts on the run. From "The Greatest Ever Vegetarian Cookbook."
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 1⁄4 cups wheat flakes
- 1 cup barley
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped roasted hazelnuts
- 2 cups coarsely chopped dried apples
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dried apricot
- 1⁄3 cup shredded coconut
- Toast seeds in dry skillet over medium heat for 3 minuts until golden, tossing regularly to avoid burning.
- Mix toasted seeds with remaining ingredients and let cool.
- Stor in airtight container, and serve with milk or yogurt and sliced fresh fruit.