Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A contradiction in terms? Well, if you use low fat cream and milk, as suggested, you can spoil yourself! To reduce the calories further, use a low calorie sugar and reduce the amount according to the directions on the packet. You can also relieve your conscience by serving it with fruit and/or a low-fat ice cream. Try it with pears and vanilla ice cream for a delicious Poire Hélène. Scrumptious!
- 100 g sugar
- 50 g good quality unsweetened cocoa
- 50 ml low-fat double cream
- 50 ml skim milk
- 4 teaspoons cornflour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix the sugar with the cornflour and cocoa in a saucepan.
- Stir in the milk and bring to the boil, stirring.
- Add vanilla and cream.
- Gently heat the mixture without allowing it to boil.
- Serve warm.