Recipe by tigerduck
A luxury vegetarian cannelloni recipe that can be served as a starter for four (or even eight as it is quite filling) or as a main course for two. It's a little bit fiddly, but definitely yummy. Recipe source is a Swiss Cooking magazine called 'Betty Bossy Zeitung' (November 1986).
- 8 sheets lasagna noodles
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 finely chopped shallot
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 20 g dried morels, soaked in water according to package instructions, bigger ones halved
- 13 g dried mushrooms, soaked in water according to package instructions
- 2 tablespoons cognac or 2 tablespoons marsala
- 1 cup whipping cream (250ml)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a saucepan on low heat. Add the chopped shallot and cook gently until soft but not browned. Add the soaked morels, mushrooms and parsley. Add the cognac (or marsala) and the whipping cream. Cook on low heat for five minutes. Take off the heat and add the parmesan. Keep warm.
- Lasagne sheets:.
- In the meantime cook the lasagne sheets according to package instruction in salted water. Drain well on a kitchen towel and immediately fill with the filling. Roll up and serve on individual plates. You may want to ladle some of the filling on top of the rolls. Enjoy.