this recipe is by Tamami, who blogs at Coco&Me, http://www.cocoandme.com/2007/03/04/luxury-brownies-with-secret-recipe, but the version below is created by Clotilde Dusoulier, who blogs at Chocolate&Zucchini: http://chocolateandzucchini.com/archives/2009/01/brownies.php
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Note: If you can't find almond butter, or prefer not to use it, just up the butter amount to 200 grams (1 cup minus 2 tablespoons) total.
- 2Yields 20 to 24 servings.
- 3Preheat the oven to 180° C (360° F) and line a square 20x20cm (8-by-8-inch) baking pan with parchment paper.
- 4Melt the butter and chocolate together in a double boiler (or just a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water; make sure the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water), stirring regularly to ensure even melting. Set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- 5In the meantime, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt.
- 6Whisk the almond butter and sugar into the chocolate mixture. Add the eggs in one by one, whisking well after each addition. Incorporate the flour mixture, working gently with a spatula, until no trace of flour remains; do not overwork the dough. Save a handful of nuts for decoration, and fold the rest (7 ounces or 1 1/2 cups) into the batter.
- 7Pour into the prepared pan, level the surface, and sprinkle with the nuts you've set aside.
- 8Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the sides and top are dry to the touch and cracked in places. Let cool completely before cutting, and ideally, leave to rest at room temp, covered with foil, for a few hours or overnight before serving.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Luxury Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (63 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 369.1
- Calories from Fat 238
- Total Fat 26.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 55.1 mg
- Sodium 308.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 14.4 g
- Protein 9.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: