- 1 medium onion, halved
- 4 cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 570 ml skim milk
- 200 g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 50 g butter
- 2 tablespoons double cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Place 2 cloves in each half of the onion.
- Place the onion, bay leaves and milk in a saucepan. Bring to boil and simmer for 20 minutes Remove from heat and infuse for an hour.
- Remove onion and leaves and add breadcrumbs and nutmeg.
- Heat for 3 - 4 mins until warm and add cream and butter.
- Season if desired and thin with milk if too thick.