Recipe by Impera_Magna
Posted in response to a recipe request; found in online search. The recipe sounds so yummy, I'm going to try it soon! (Prep and cooking times are rough guess-timates)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 ounces white mushrooms, wiped trimmed and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 3 cups turkey or 3 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 cup cooked turkey, diced
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon white truffle oil
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 2 T of the butter in a heavy medium-size casserole.
- Add the onions and sauté over medium-high heat until golden.
- Stir in the mushrooms and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining butter and the rice, turning to coat the grains with butter.
- Pour in the wine and cook over high heat until it has evaporated; reduce heat to medium.
- Begin adding the hot stock in 1/2-portions.
- Add the salt and cook, stirring frequently, until the liquid is absorbed before continuing with the next addition.
- When finished, the rice texture should be creamy and al dente.
- Turn off the heat, stir in the turkey, cheese, parsley, truffle oil and black pepper.
- Serve at once.