Tofu makes a great replacement for ricotta in this tasty dish. You'll find that TVP (available in health food or upscale grocery stores) makes a great replacement for meat. Vegetables can be adapted to your personal taste. I really like spinach and zucchini in mine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb firm tofu
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Textured Vegetable Protein Filling
- 7/8 cup boiling water
- 1 cup textured vegetable protein, granules (TVP)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 cups marinara sauce
- 12 uncooked lasagna noodles (1/2 lb.)
- 4 ounces soy mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1To prepare the tofu filling, blend all the ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- 2To prepare the TVP filling, pour the boiling water over the textured vegetable protein granules and let stand for about 10 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, sauté the onion, green pepper, garlic, basil, and oregano in the olive oil. Add the hydrated granules and soy sauce and sauté for a few minutes.
- 4Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 5To assemble the lasagna, cook the lasagna noodles according to the package directions and drain.
- 6Spread 1 cup marinara sauce over the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch pan.
- 7Cover the sauce with 4 cooked lasagna noodles and spread the tofu filling evenly over the noodles.
- 8Cover with 4 more cooked lasagna noodles and about 1 1/2 cups sauce, then spread the textured vegetable protein filling evenly over the layer of sauce. Cover with 4 more cooked lasagna noodles and the rest of the sauce, then cover evenly with the grated soy mozzarella cheese, if desired.
- 9Cover and bake for about 30 minutes, then uncover and bake for 5 more minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Luxurious Tofu Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 257.6
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 879.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 13.0 g
- Protein 9.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
textured vegetable protein
soy mozzarella cheese