Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 mins
Rich, decadent, smooth.... What else can I say?
- 5 ounces chocolate (high quality best)
- 4 eggs, separated
- 4 tablespoons strong coffee
- 1 1⁄4 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon coffee liqueur
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- chocolate curls, for garnish
- Place chocolate in a bowl over a pan of hot water.
- When melted, remove from the heat and beat in the egg yolks and coffee.
- In a large bowl, whip the cream until stiff and fold in te coffee liqueur.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg whites until they form stiff peaks, gradually adding the sugar.
- Whisk the mocha mixture into the cream and then fold, gently, into the eggs whites.
- If you don't have an ice cream maker, spoon into a container for the freezer. Freeze for at least 5 hours. There is no need to stir during freezing.
- It will be rather soft and you can serve directly from the freezer.
- If you have an automatic ice cream freezer, run it through that.
- Scoop into sundae glasses and garnish with chocolate curls or a crispy cookie.