Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups superfine sugar
- 7 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- powdered sugar
- Position a rack in the center of the oven; preheat oven to 325°; grease the inside of a 10-inch bundt pan.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt into a bowl; whisk to combine; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer, using the paddle attachment, beat the butter at medium speed, for about 5 minutes, until very creamy.
- Add the sugar in 4 additions, beating for 1 minute after each one, or until light.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, beating for 30 seconds after each addition and scraping down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed.
- Beat in the vanilla and almond extract.
- At low speed, beat in the flour mixture in 3 additions, alternating it with the cream in two additions; scrape down the sides of the bowl thoroughly after each addition.
- Beat for 30-45 seconds longer; scrape the batter evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake for 65-75 minutes, or until it is golden on top and a pick comes out clean.
- The cake should pull away slightly from the sides of the pan.
- Cool the cake in the pan on a rack for 10-12 minutes.
- Carefully invert cake onto another rack; let cool completely.
- Sift powdered sugar over the top just before serving.