Recipe by shelbyrose
Now you can enjoy a big slice of your favorite dessert without all the guilt that goes with the territory. Plan ahead, as adequate refrigeration time is key. The prep. time does not reflect chill time.
- 1 1⁄2 cups crumbled reduced-fat vanilla wafers
- 1 egg white
- 40 ounces fat free cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar (or Splenda)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated skim milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the egg white with vanilla wafer crumbs; mix well.
- Press crumb mixture into a lightly greased nine-inch spring form pan.
- Chill thoroughly.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, flour, lemon peel and vanilla extract; beat at high speed until fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs and egg yolk, one at a time.
- Beat in the evaporated milk.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 500 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 250 degrees.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until cheesecake tests done.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Chill for eight hours or overnight.
- Remove the side of the pan.
- Cut the cheesecake into wedges.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.