Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Using Equal Sugar Lite and yogurt, it's a health benefit with a calorie reduction. try using strawberry yogurt! In Taiwan, you can get yogurt with konnyaku mixed in! mmm... so buttery, but lite! I used strawberry yogurt and I omitted the almond extract. recipe copied from www.equal.com
- 2 1⁄2 cups reduced-fat baking mix (Bisquick)
- 1 1⁄2 cups Equal Sugar Lite
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup light nonfat vanilla yogurt (i used strawberry yogurt)
- 6 tablespoons stick butter
- 1⁄4 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- Combine baking mix, cornstarch, Equal Sugar Lite in mixing bowl.
- Mix in yogurt, melted butter, milk, eggs and flavorings until well blended.
- Spoon mixture into a 9 or 12-cup Bundt® cake pan or a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan well-sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake in preheated 350°F oven 45 to 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove cake from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
This gets 5 stars for ease of preparation alone. I used a combination of Splenda granular and sugar. The yogurt was plain yogurt with an extra measure of vanilla extract added. The recipe was reduced by half and baked in 2 mini loaf pans--one for now and one went into the freezer for later. I made this in order to make Balsamic Strawberries and Ice Cream on Pound Cake.
I'm looking forward to trying this.
Fantastic taste! Minus one star, though, because the batter rose up against it's oppressive baking master and spilled itself all over the floor of my oven :(