Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These are soooooooooooooooooooooo good I cannot really describe them enough! Please try them and I'll wait for the reviews:)
- Apply a little ghee or oil on your palms and then mix ghee or oil (Use ghee for authenticity) with flour until it looks like breadcrumbs.
- Add water, slowly, to make a soft dough, and cover it with a damp cloth.
- Keep aside.
- Fry the dried milk powder till light brown.
- Add almonds and dates.
- Mix well and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Allow it to cool.
- Pour water in a pot and add the sugar to it.
- Stir well and then boil the sugar-water syrup until it is of one-thread consistency.
- Add a few drops of yellow food colour and saffron.
- Mix well.
- Keep aside.
- Now roll the kneaded dough into small rotis (Indian flatbreads), about the size of your palm.
- Fill half of this with the dried milk powder mixture and seal it tightly with the other half, twisting the edges inwards.
- Take care to see that the filling does not ooze.
- Heat ghee or oil in a wok.
- Once it is hot, slowly put in the gujias and deep-fry till golden brown on either side.
- Allow the excess oil to drain out on clean paper kitchen napkins.
- Drop them carefully into the hot sugar-water syrup, mix well until the gujias are well coated with the syrup on either side.
- Carefully remove them, one at a time, and place neatly on a serving plate.
- What are you waiting for?
- Go ahead, and have one!