Recipe by CookbookCarrie
A yummy sugar free Lemon bar. 3 WW points per bar.
Top Review by psniteowl
This recipe makes very thin bars. We actually doubled the filling, the lemon portion (using 4 eggs instead of 2, etc.) of the recipe on the second batch we made. They were moister and more fluffy. The time needed for cooking needs to be adjusted about 4 or 5 minutes, or until firm. Even though the first ones were thin they still were tasty, we just tasted more of graham cracker crust on the first batch. The second batch we tasted more of the lemon filling with a slight taste of the graham cracker crust.
Either way, I still am amazed that they are sugar free and low fat.
- 1 cup purchased graham cracker crumbs, plus
- 2 tablespoons purchased graham cracker crumbs (or make your own)
- 1 1⁄4 cups Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-calorie margarine
- 2 eggs (equivalent of 2 eggs) or 1⁄2 cup egg substitute (equivalent of 2 eggs)
- 2 tablespoons nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 11 x 7 biscuit pan with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl combine 1 cup crumbs, 1/4 cup Splenda and margarine.
- Mix until mixture is crumbly.
- Carefully pat into bottom of buttered pan.
- Bake for 5 minutes and remove.
- In the meantime, beat the eggs until they are foamy (this is important when using Splenda).
- Stir in sour cream and lemon juice.
- Add remaining 1 cup of Splenda, flour and baking powder.
- Mix well to combine and pour over baked crust.
- Bake another 10 minutes.
- Evenly sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs over top.
- Lightly spray crumbs with butter flavor cooking spray. Continue baking for 8 minutes more.
- Cool on wire rack for at least 10 minutes.