Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a very good strawberry bread recipe that uses frozen berries, so it is also very easy and all season.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen strawberries, thawed
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 325*.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add eggs, strawberries and oil and mix until just combined.
- Fold in nuts and pour into a greased 9 x 5 loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until center tests done.
I omitted the pecans and increased the strawberries to 16 ounces. I drained the strawberries well before adding them to the batter. Delicious!
great recipe can use 1 ysp red food coloring can use 1/4 cup juice and 4oz cream cheese to make spread bread freezes well 350 1 hour baking
This bread was pretty good. I made it in 3 mini loaf pans. I put a simple icing on one, cream cheese icing on the other, and left one plain. Thanks for posting!