1/1 Photo of Luscious Silky Mango Gelato
1 hr 15 mins
My entire family fell in LOVE with this gelato, I tell ya! Instead of making my own mango puree, I just bought fresh unsweetened mango puree from the baking store.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mango Puree:
- 2Peel and cut the mango into pieces. Squeeze as much flesh off as possible. Blend it in the blender or food processor along with the lemon juice. Strain the mango mix into a bowl, so that the stringy bits are eliminated from the puree. You should have about 1 1/4 cups mango puree.
- 3Gelato base:.
- 4Whisk egg yolks and sugar till pale and lemony.
- 5In a medium/heavy saucepan, bring milk and cream to a simmer. Turn off heat and whisk half of the mixture into the yolks.
- 6Return everything to the sauce pan over a very low heat and keep on stirring it till it thickens.
- 7Remove from heat and strain it into a large bowl. Let it cool for 5 or 6 minutes and then mix in mango puree.
- 8Refrigerate overnight.
- 910 mins before processing in the ice cream machine, put the mango custard into the freezer and also put the ice cream dasher into the freezer. (this SHOCKS the mix so that not much air is whipped in).
- 10Process in your ice cream maker.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Luscious Silky Mango Gelato
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 240.0
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 118.4 mg
- Sodium 36.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 34.2 g
- Protein 3.6 g