Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is an extra special coffee cake made with peach pie filling. It is absolutely delicious!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 (21 ounce) can peach pie filling
- 1 1⁄4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 -4 tablespoons milk
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine the flour, salt and baking powder; add to creamed mixture and beat just until combined.
- Spread 3 3/4 cups of batter into a greased 15 x 10 baking pan.
- Carefully spoon pie filling to within 1" of edges.
- Spoon remaining batter over filling.
- Bake at 350º for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean (cover loosely with foil if edges brown to quickly).
- Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine the icing ingredients. Drizzle over coffee cake.
This is a different type of coffee cake, turned out to be a cross between pound cake and shortcake- really thick batter. But, MDH John enjoyed it and next time will use 1/2 of the icing. Pretty good recipe :O)