Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I just love this cheesecake! When I'm in the mood for dessert, it really hits the spot! It's so quick and easy to prepare, and low in carbs. (The rest of the family enjoys it, too!)
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1⁄4 cup Atkins baking mix
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute or 4 envelopes Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- For crust: Combine the crust ingredients and spread over bottom of a 9" greased glass pie plate.
- For cheesecake: Whip the cream until it peaks.
- In separate bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients until smooth.
- Fold the whipping cream into the mixture.
- Pour into pie pan, and refrigerate to chill.
I made this without the crust to save a few carbs and it was fantastic! Just spooned it into individual dishes and made a simple blackberry sauce for the top. The family LOVED it. I loved that it was so simple. Another reviewer said it didn't set up stiff enough but if you do it this way, not being able to cut slices isn't an issue.
I'm sure if I had gone with vanilla this would be good, but I found that 1/2 t of real lemon extract was too much and gave this an off-putting flavor. I tried to add more cream cheese, but could not make this taste good. I'll try it again sometime without the lemon option, but for us the lemon was a fail. Sorry. I'm really disappointed. Was trying to make my husband something special for his first birthday on a low carb diet... now there's no birthday treat.
I submitted one review and don't see it. I was going to update it and say this was delicious and I had no problem with it setting up. It was not the consistency of pudding, more like a cream pie. Where I have scooped it out of the container it has not collapsed. Not sure why some are having a problem with it cutting, mine would have cut just fine.