Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 mins
Popular throughout coastal New England. There is disagreement over who developed this sandwich and what the proper preparation is. Here is a butter, no-mayonnaise version.
- Preheat grill and brush lightly with oil.
- Remove lobster from shells, keeping the tails intact.
- Grill lobster tails over med-high heat, brushing with melted butter, just until cooked through.
- Remove from grill and keep warm.
- Preheat broiler and lightly toast rolls; cut each lobster tail in half lengthwise or chop the tail into half-inch pieces.
- Place a half tail in each toasted bun and serve with remaining melted butter to drizzle over the lobster.