I found this in a magazine about 25 years ago. It sounded awful, but I thought I would try it. I loved it and my then picky teenage daughter actually tried it and loved it and asked me to make it numerous times. Often make it with chicken breast on the side. I have made this for my meat and potato SO and he even likes it. I was shocked! I am adding it here for everyone to enjoy, and for posterity. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, seeded and sliced thin
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, seeded and sliced thin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1/2 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 6 ounces linguine
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1Coat skillet with cooking spray, place over med/high heat.
- 2Add mushrooms and next 3 ingredients, saute until vegetables are crisp tender.
- 3Add artichokes, italian dressing, olives,and cook for 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally.
- 4Cook linguine according to package directions. Drain well.
- 5Combine linguine and vegetables, toss well.
- 6Transfer to a serving dish.
- 7Sprinkle with cheese and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Luscious Linguine
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 294.1
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 11.6 mg
- Sodium 525.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.6 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 13.0 g