Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this in a magazine about 25 years ago. It sounded awful, but I thought I would try it. I loved it and my then picky teenage daughter actually tried it and loved it and asked me to make it numerous times. Often make it with chicken breast on the side. I have made this for my meat and potato SO and he even likes it. I was shocked! I am adding it here for everyone to enjoy, and for posterity. :)
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, seeded and sliced thin
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, seeded and sliced thin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 6 ounces linguine
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Coat skillet with cooking spray, place over med/high heat.
- Add mushrooms and next 3 ingredients, saute until vegetables are crisp tender.
- Add artichokes, italian dressing, olives,and cook for 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally.
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Drain well.
- Combine linguine and vegetables, toss well.
- Transfer to a serving dish.
- Sprinkle with cheese and serve immediately.