Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
You could vary the flavor of this with different flavors of gelatin if you wanted to. 3 points per slice. Sorry, this recipe isn't core.
- 1 (1/3 ounce) packagefat free lime Jell-O gelatin
- 1 cup water, boiling
- 1 (8 inch) angel food cake, cut into 1 cubes
- 8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 (8 ounce) container fat-free whipped topping, thawed and divided
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water.
- Refrigerate until mixture begins to thicken about 35 minutes.
- Place cake cubes in a 13”x9”x2" dish coated with non stick spray, set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Beat in sugar, lemon juice and peel; add gelatin mixture; beat until combined.
- Fold in 1 1/2 cups whipped topping.
- Spread over cake covering completely.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Cut into squares and top with remaining whipped topping.
My mom introduced me to this recipe last year. This is a great dessert, nice light, flavorful, fluffy in texture. You can use any flavor of jello, strawberry is yummy! This recipe originally stated that this recipe fees 15, not 8. 8 portions give you a nice hardy piece however. Also, in the time stated it says it only takes 10 minutes to make however; please note it actually takes about 35 as it states in the directions. You want to allow time for the jello to cool properly before adding the dairy products. This is definatley a keeper!!