Recipe by hellokitty
From Better Homes and Gardens...this is a wonderful, low calorie and low fat treat. Each serving is only 85 calories, 3 g of total fat.
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, finely shredded
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- powdered sugar, for topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly coat a 8x8 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl combine the 3/4 cup flour and 3 tbsp granulated sugar. Using a blender or 2 knives cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- For filling:.
- in a small mixing bowl combine the egg and egg white. Beat with an electric mixer on medium until frothy. Add the 2/3 cup granulated sugar, the 2 tbsp flour, lemon juice, water and baking powder. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in lemon peel.
- Pour filling over hot crust.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until edges are light brown and center is set. Cool.
- Cut into 9 squares, cut each square diagonally to make a triangle. If desired, sprinkle with powdered sugar.