Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Found this recipe on the box of the Betty Crocker Lemon Bars. The lemon bars by themselves are great, but add the raspberry preserves and you have a real treat. Lemon bar mix is not a recognized ingredient on this site, but that is what you'll need for the recipe. It can be found with the cake mixes in the grocery store.
- 1 (18 ounce) box lemon bar mix
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 0.5 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup raspberry preserves
- powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F whether using metal or glass pan.
- Stir filling mix, water and eggs using a fork (a few lumps will remain); set aside.
- Press Ready-Mixed Crust (dry) in bottom of 8 or 9" square pan. Bake 12 minutes.
- Drop cream cheese by spoonfuls onto hot crust and return pan to oven about 2 minutes to further soften cream cheese. Carefully spread cream cheese over crust. Stir filling mixture; pour over cream cheese.
- Bake 35 to 4 minutes or until top begins to brown and center is set.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Spread preserves over top. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Sprinkle with powedered sugar.
- For 16 bars, cut into 4 rows by 4 rows. For ease in cutting, use sharp or wet knife.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
These were really good. The only thing I would do differently next time is to cook the base a little less before adding the cream cheese. It was a little more done than I would have liked. This is a nice way to dress up a box mix. Thanks for posting!