Recipe by CarolAT
This pound cake is moist and full of flavor. Use fresh lemon juice for the best lemon flavor. This recipe was adapted from the Bundt Classics cookbook.
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon peel, grated
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 -2 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour a 10 cup bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, mix sugar, butter and cream cheese until very light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, lemon peel and vanilla; mix well.
- Add all remaining cake ingredients; mix well. Spoon into prepared pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 50 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pan; invert onto serving plate.
- Glaze: In small bowl, mix sugar and butter. Gradually add lemon juice until desired consistency; mix until smooth. Stir in lemon peel; drizzle over warm cake. Garnish with lemon slices or lemon peel if desired.