Recipe by Ceezie
This came from Kraft. Garnish with lemon slices or strips of lemon peel. Prep time includes chilling time.
- 1 (18 ounce) package white cake mix (9 inch round white cake layers, baked and cooled)
- 3 egg whites (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 (3 ounce) packages lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 1 (3 ounce) package instant lemon pudding mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cake layers, top sides up, in two clean 9 inch round cake pans. Pierce cakes with large fork at 1/2 inch intervals.
- Stir boiling water into dry gelatin mix in a medium bowl at least 2 minutes until completely dissolved.
- Carefully pour evenly over cake layers.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Pour milk into a large bowl.
- Add dry pudding mix.
- Beat with whisk for 2 minutes or until well blended.
- Gently stir in whipped topping; set aside.
- Dip one cake pan in warm water 10 sec; unmold second cake layer; carefully place on first layer.
- Frost top and side of cake with remaining pudding mixture.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
- Store leftover cake in refrigerator.