Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
We love lemon desserts and this is so fantastic! You can bake it in a bundt pan too.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant lemon pudding mix
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice (I use fresh only)
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together the cake mix and instant pudding. Add the water, oil and eggs, mix until smooth and well blended. Spread batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 40 to45 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. While the cake is still hot, poke holes in the top with a fork. In a small bowl, mix together the lemon juice and confectioners sugar until smooth. Pour over hot cake.
This cake has a great lemon flavor, very tart. The thing I was a little confused about was why it was made like a poke cake. The icing is very, very thick and even though you spread it on the cake when it is hot it did not penatrate the cake at all. Also my cake did not rise very much, I make in a 13x9, but just did not rise as much as I expected. Good flavor though.
My 14yo son is learning to cook, and this was his first attempt at a dessert. It was easy, the directions were clear, and the results were delicious. The whole family enjoyed this for New Years dinner.