Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
When I want to make a special-occasion breakfast, I turn to this recipe. I think it is heavenly.
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1⁄4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon, zest of
- powdered sugar
- mixed fruit (sliced strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries)
- maple syrup
- In a large mixing bowl, add the egg yolks, flour, cottage cheese, butter, sugar, salt, and lemon zest; stir to combine.
- In another mixing bowl, add the egg whites; beat until soft peaks form.
- Gently fold the whites into the batter just until blended.
- Heat a nonstick griddle or skillet over medium heat.
- Spray griddle with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour about 1/4 cup batter onto griddle; lower heat to medium-low.
- Cook pancake until the top is covered with small bubbles and the bottom is lightly browned.
- Flip pancake and cook until lightly browned on the other side (these cook quickly).
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Garnish by sprinkling with powdered sugar and serve with sliced fruit or warm maple syrup.
One of my favorite pancake recipes! So good with strawberries!
These were wonderful pancakes and something different for my family. I could taste the lemon but it wasn't pucker-up lemony. It was just right. They had a light airy texture. I didn't use any syrup but sprinkled them with powdered sugar and fresh raspberries. Made a beautiful and much appreciated Father's Day breakfast. Thanks Nurse Di.
Thank you NurseDi I am really enjoying 'your' recipes!!! Glad I 'found' them! Guess I'll have to 'look-up' all--of them now--as I 'know' your rcipes are soooo good! Been 'trying' allot of them lately---very good! Frenchy "O" :)