A yummy lite parfait with a beautiful presentation. The lemon flavour isn't all that prominent, just nice and fresh. Cooking time is approximate chill time.
- 1 (10 1/4 g) package sugar-free lemon Jell-O powder
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup fruit, diced (great with quartered red and green grapes and diced cantalope or peaches)
- 1 cup light whipped topping, approximate amount (such as cool whip)
- extra fruit (to garnish) (optional)
- Add jelly powder to a medium bowl, add boiling water and stir until powder is dissolved.
- Take 1/2 cup of the jelly liquid and pour into a small bowl; add ice cream and stir until smooth.
- Spoon ice cream jelly mixture evenly into 4 parfait glasses; chill in fridge.
- With remaining jelly liquid in the medium bowl, add the cold water and stir until mixed; place in the fridge to chill until slightly thickened.
- Once the jello mixture has slightly thickened, stir in the diced fruit.
- Spoon the fruit/jello mixture on top of the ice cream mixture evenly in the 4 parfait glasses.
- Top with desired amount of whipped topping to fill the parfait glass, and garnish with extra fruit if desired.