1/1 Photo of Luscious Lemon Ice Cream
No need to churn this one, it just goes straight into the freezer and can be forgotten about. You must use the best unwaxed sweet lemons you can find. This is wonderful and smooth and the flavour is exquisite. I would never normally go for a lemon flavoured ice cream, but this one has got to be tried and tested to be believed. Gorgeous!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring the juice and zest along with 200ml water and the sugar gently to the boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- 2Once boiling remove the zest immediately by either straining through a sieve or using a slotted spoon.
- 3Now boil the syrup for 4 minutes only.
- 4Meanwhile put the yolks and cornflour into a bowl. Using an electric whisk, whisk until the yolks are thick and then pour over the hot syrup whisking constantly until frothy and smooth.
- 5Once cool, fold in the whipped cream and freeze.
- 6Remove from the freezer at least 15 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Luscious Lemon Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 568.9
- Calories from Fat 237
- Total Fat 26.4 g
- Saturated Fat 15.2 g
- Cholesterol 270.3 mg
- Sodium 33.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 75.0 g
- Protein 4.9 g