Recipe by robd16
No need to churn this one, it just goes straight into the freezer and can be forgotten about. You must use the best unwaxed sweet lemons you can find. This is wonderful and smooth and the flavour is exquisite. I would never normally go for a lemon flavoured ice cream, but this one has got to be tried and tested to be believed. Gorgeous!
- 4 large unwaxed ripe sweet lemons
- 300 g sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 4 egg yolks
- 250 ml whipping cream, whisked until siff
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the juice and zest along with 200ml water and the sugar gently to the boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Once boiling remove the zest immediately by either straining through a sieve or using a slotted spoon.
- Now boil the syrup for 4 minutes only.
- Meanwhile put the yolks and cornflour into a bowl. Using an electric whisk, whisk until the yolks are thick and then pour over the hot syrup whisking constantly until frothy and smooth.
- Once cool, fold in the whipped cream and freeze.
- Remove from the freezer at least 15 minutes before serving.