Lovely frosting, makes enough frosting to cover tops and sides of two 9-inch layers
Make and share this Luscious Lemon Frosting recipe from Food.com.
- Add lemon rind to butter; cream well.
- Add part of sugar gradually, blending after each addition.
- Combine lemon juice and water; add to creamed mixture, alternately with remaining sugar, until of right consistency to spread.
- Beat after each addition until smooth.
- Add salt.
- Makes enough frosting to cover tops and sides of two 9-inch layers, or to cover the top and sides of golden sponge loaf.