Recipe by ** Poppy **
Lovely frosting, makes enough frosting to cover tops and sides of two 9-inch layers
Top Review by Keolani
Made this as part of a red and yellow graduation theme. I added some meringue powder to make it stiff enough for cupcakes and a little food coloring to fit with the color theme. This frosting was a huge hit.
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon rind, grated
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 dash salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Add lemon rind to butter; cream well.
- Add part of sugar gradually, blending after each addition.
- Combine lemon juice and water; add to creamed mixture, alternately with remaining sugar, until of right consistency to spread.
- Beat after each addition until smooth.
- Add salt.
- Makes enough frosting to cover tops and sides of two 9-inch layers, or to cover the top and sides of golden sponge loaf.