Recipe by Piper Lee
This Lemon Cream does not contain yogurt or pudding or sour cream. It is simply the best lemon cream ever! You can use this to dip any fruit or top a cheesecake with it. Its use is limited only by your imagination. I LOVE this stuff!
Top Review by Chef Shelby
My MIL makes this for every party. She made it this w/e but had trouble finding her recipe so I told her I'd post it online. Sure enough it's already here. The only difference is that she uses 2 cups of cool whip instead of the whipping cream. And for my notes she uses ReaLemon brand lemon juice from concentrate.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice concentrate (not lemonade)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 pint whipping cream (whipped)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl beat together eggs, 1/2 cup of the sugar and the lemon juice. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine remaining 1/2 cup sugar and cornstarch; stir in water and cook over medium heat until thickened stirring constantly; remove from heat.
- Gradually stir in the egg mixture and mix together.
- Return pan to heat and cook on low, stirring mixture until it thickens slightly; remove from heat.
- Add vanilla and mix together.
- Cool in refrigerator until chilled; then fold in the whipped cream when ready to serve.
- Serve with fresh fruit like pineapple, bananas, strawberries, grapes, kiwi, anything you like. Enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers.
- Use on french toast the next day if you have any left. Yum!