Recipe by mliss29
From Raw Food Celebrations - Party Menus for Every Occasion by Nomi Shannon and Sheryl Duruz. It's due back to the library tomorrow and this looks good! The book says these cookies were meant to be dehydrated but taste good fresh too. "If you are not dehydrating the cookies, use dried coconut."
Top Review by Monsieur Gavin
YUM!!! I used half cashews and half almonds, raw honey rather than agave due to the health benefits (and slightly increased the amount), and about double the lemon zest, believe it or not, because it smelled amazing and I wanted to use all I could. I do not have a dehydrator so I ate them raw and they are perfect that way. Great to find a healthy and raw dessert- will be making this often! :)
- 1⁄4 cup lemon zest
- 3⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups cashews
- 2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut (or shredded mature fresh coconut)
- 1⁄4 cup agave syrup (or other sweetener)
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon lemon extract (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all ingredients into a blender and process until smooth.
- Shape into cookies and place on mesh dehydrator sheets.
- Dehydrate at 105 -115F for 8-10 hours, or until outside is dry and the cookie is chewy.
- NOTE: If you're not using a high-speed blender, blend the cashews first before adding the other ingredients. "Finely grind them".