Recipe by pixiesmom
After searching this entire site for a lemon cookie recipe - I combined a couple recipes and came up with these. My family says they are more addictive than my lemon bars... so that is saying something!
- 1 (18 ounce) box lemon cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 lemon, juice of
- sugar, to roll in
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- combine softened butter with cake mix, eggs, lemon juice and zest - dough will be sticky - chill at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 - roll dough by teaspoon full into small balls - roll in sugar - place on ungreased cookie sheet - flatten slightly with a small glass.
- Bake approximately 5 minutes - remove to cooling racks.
- Prepare glaze with powdered sugar and enough lemon juice to make it glaze consistency - drizzle over cookies - the glaze will harden when cooled.