I haven't made this, but am having guests this weekend and don't want to lose the recipe! Recipe courtesy Donna's Premiere Lodging.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package pineapple cake mix, without pudding
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant lemon pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon flavoring
Ingredients for Topping
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Combine topping ingredients; set aside.
- In mixing bowl, combine cake and pudding mixes, sour cream, eggs, oil and lemon flavoring.
- Mix on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour 1/2 of batter into a greased Bundt pan.
- Sprinkle half of the topping over batter.
- Spoon remaining batter over topping and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle with remaining topping.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until cake tests done.
I made this recipe for my mom's 60th birthday breakfast, she loves lemon, I added a lemon cream cheese icing and it was a hit!! Thanks s'cat, I will be making this one alot!
I made this a few weeks ago and thought it was very good. I followed the recipe as written and it turned out great. But I think a lemon or orange cake mix would work just as well as the pineapple. We all love lemon flavoring, so increasing the lemon extract wouldn't hurt it either.
I made this this week and my family has devoured it. The pineapple flavor really gives it a different but delicious flavor. I had a little trouble finding the cake mix at first but found it at one of the high end grocery stores (you know the kind, more expensive but more selections) I will be making this again.