1/1 Photo of Luscious Lemon Coconut Meringue Squares
The crust is pressed into a square baking pan and baked, then filled with lemon filling and topped with a coconut meringue. Easier than pie and so delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1Combine the filling ingredients, cook, stirring constantly until thick and set aside.
- 2For the crust, cream butter, add brown sugar and beat well.
- 3Blend in the flour and press into the bottom of an ungreased 9" square baking pan.
- 4Bake at 375° for 15 minutes.
- 5Allow to cool, then spread with cooled filling.
- 6For topping, beat egg whites, gradually add the sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- 7Fold in 2 cups coconut and cover lemon filling with the topping.
- 8Return to oven and bake for 15 minutes longer or until browned.
- 9Cool and cut into squares.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Luscious Lemon Coconut Meringue Squares
Serving Size: 1 (926 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 447.6
- Calories from Fat 234
- Total Fat 26.1 g
- Saturated Fat 19.2 g
- Cholesterol 75.8 mg
- Sodium 116.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 31.9 g
- Protein 4.9 g