- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package lemon cake mix (Duncan Hines Lemon Supreme)
- 4 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can lemon pie filling
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened (1 stick)
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla (I use 2 tsp, as I really like vanilla)
Directions See How It's Made
- For the cake, beat the cake mix and eggs until blended using a mixer on low.
- Fold in lemon pie filling (do not beat in).
- Spread in a greased 13 x 9 inch pan and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. (You might also want to put parchment paper on the bottom, greased on both sides, for easy removal.).
- For the frosting, mix the butter and cream cheese until smooth using the mixer on low.
- Add the sugar and vanilla, again blending until smooth.
- You can frost the cake once it has cooled, but if you want to frost it later (or make the frosting ahead of time), you can store it in the refrigerator in a bowl with plastic wrap applied directly on top of the frosting. Make sure it is covered completely, and it will last in the fridge for a couple days.