Prep 5 mins
Cook 55 mins
A really great tasting pound cake packed with alot of lemon flavor. Very moist, yet light and airy as well. Great for any Brunch, Pot Luck, or Picnic. Quick and Easy to prepare.
- 1 (18 ounce) boxduncan hines moist deluxe lemon supreme cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) box instant lemon pudding mix
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 (3 ounce) box lemon gelatin
- 1 cup water
- In a large bowl, add all the ingredients.
- Beat for 2 minutes at medium speed.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-inch bundt pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes.
- Cake is done when toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 20 minutes before removing from pan.
- Serves 12-15 people.
I prepared this cake for my dad's birthday, and he quite enjoyed it. The cake was very light and moist, and it baked up beautifully. To be honest, though, with as many lemony ingredients as it called for, I expected a much brighter lemon taste. I actually added a few drips of lemon juice to perk it up, but that didn't seem to do much. Instead of frosting the cake, I microwaved 1/2 a container of prepared lemon frosting until melted, and drizzled the glaze on the cake. It couldn't have been prettier! Next time, I'll add a little lemon zest for that pucker I was looking for!
We really enjoyed this cake. Easy to make. Even with the error of using a small 1oz box of pudding, the cake was very light and flavorful. I topped it with a simple milk and powerded sugar glaze. Sruved with blackberries and whipped cream. Pretty nice topper to my Easter dinner.
When everyone else is bringing chocolate, this is my choice. This is my go-to lemon cake recipe. It just can't be beat for ease and flavor. Thank you for an awesome recipe.