Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This yummy recipe is so easy, it is one of the first recipes my kids learned to cook. Even my husband, a total non-cook, will offer to prepare a batch of lemon bars. The results are always perfect!
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon rind (can be omitted if you are using bottled juice)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- Mix crust ingredients well and pat into the bottom of a 9 by 13 pan.
- Bake 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Mix filling ingredients well and pour over baked crust.
- Return pan to oven and bake an additional 20 minutes or until just slightly browned on edges only.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Cool before cutting into squares.
really good, I love lemon bars, almost tastes like my mom's. the only thing i would do different is maybe add some lemon juice to the crust also, because the crust is a little bland.