Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this in one of my pampered chef recipe books and it has become my favorite dessert to serve. This recipe makes two rolls, and once I brought one roll to a potluck, and wrapped the other one in wax paper and put it in a ziplock bag and froze it!! We pulled it out a few weeks later and it was just as delicious even after being defrosted! Enjoy!
- 453.59 g package angel food cake mix
- 177.44 ml powdered sugar (divided)
- 333.10 g jar strawberry ice cream topping (divided)
- 226.79 g package cream cheese (softened)
- 1-2 lemon
- 0.45 ml yellow food coloring (optional)
- 226.79 g container frozen light whipped dessert topping, thawed, divided
- powdered sugar
- 12 whole strawberries (with stems and lemon slices for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut 18 inch long piece of parchment paper, press into bottom and up sides of cookie sheet or pan.
- Prepare angel food cake mix as directed on box, pour batter over parchment (spread evenly).
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched with fingertip.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- Sprinkle ½ cup of powdered sugar over cake. Place sheet of parchment over cake and carefully turn cake over onto clean dish towel.
- Remove pan, and starting on the short end, roll up cake with towel and parchment. Leave rolled up and cool completely in fridge.
- Unroll cake and transfer to clean surface, discard parchment on top.
- Spread ¼ cup of strawberry ice cream topping on cake, press lightly.
- Combine cream cheese and ¼ cup of powdered sugar.
- Add 1 T of lemon zest ( I personally like about 2 T and lots of juice to make it really a strong lemon flavor).
- Add food coloring and mix well.
- Fold in 1 cup of the whipped topping, gently spread over the strawberry topping (within 1 inch of the edges).
- Reroll the cake (without the parchment paper!).
- Sprinkle with additional powdered sugar and slice with serrated knife.
- Garnish with whipped topping, fresh strawberries and lemon slices.