Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
My neighbor gave me a bunch of lemons so I have been searching for lemon recipes. I came across this one that looks really good.
- 1 (10 inch) round angel food cake
- 1 (15 3/4 ounce) can lemon pie filling
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 kiwi fruits, peeled, sliced and quartered
- Using a serrated knife, cut cake horiontally into three layers.
- Place bottom layer,cut side up, on a serving plate.
- Place lemon pie filling in medium bowl; stir until smooth. Fold in whipped topping.
- Spread 1/3 of lemon mixture on bottom layer. Place the next cake layer. Spread another 1/3 of lemon mixture over middle layer; add top layer. Frost top of cake with remaining lemon mixture. Refrigerate until serving time.
- In another medium bowl, combine strawberries and kiwi fruit; cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- To serve, cut cake into 12 slices. spoon 1/3 cup fruit over each slice of cake.