Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
- 1 (3 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 3 eggs, separated
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 lemons, juice and zest of, finely grated
- 1 orange, juice and zest of, finely grated
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- Soften gelatin in 2 tbsp cold water.
- Beat egg yolks, gradually adding 2 tbsp sugar until lemon colored.
- In top of a double boiler, heat eggs yolks, softened gelatin, fruit rind, and juice, stirring frequently until mixture has thickened slightly and gelatin has dissolved.
- Cool and fold in yogurt and ginger.
- Beat egg whites and salt until stiff moist peaks form.
- Gradually add remaining 2 tbsp sugar; beat until stiff and shiny.
- Fold into yolk mixture.
- Spoon into a 6 cup mold.
- Chill 6 hours or until firm.