Recipe by Mom2Rose
Indulgent homemade bars are in the oven in 10 minutes thanks to a quick layering technique.
Top Review by Chef1MOM-Connie
Mom if I could rate these 100 I would. I could not keep them on the plate. DH and BIL were working at the new cottage and they went crazy over these. Both are chocolate connosiers and both said "OH YEA MAKE THESE ALL THE TIME!" My BIL aked for more so a second batch was made, 1/2 eaten and the rest sent home. Everyone should try these out for the faste dessert going. PS- the boys ate the 2nd batch warm from theoven with rocky road ice cream over top and were estatic. Thank you MOM!
- 1 (17 1/2 ounce) packagebetty crocker chocolate chip cookie mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips or 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Spray bottom of 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, stir cookie mix, butter and egg until soft dough forms.
- Press dough in bottom of pan using floured fingers.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with butterscotch chips, chocolate chips, coconut and walnuts.
- Drizzle evenly with condensed milk.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool completely, about 2 hours.
- For bars, cut into 9 rows by 4 rows.