Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From an old friend. Very easy, and makes a nice side dish, or even dessert.
- 2 packages strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 3 mashed bananas
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen strawberries
- 1 can crushed pineapple (drained)
- 1 pint sour cream
- Dissolve Jello in boiling water.
- Add remaining ingredients, EXCEPT sour cream.
- Pour 1/2 of the mixture into a 9" x 12" pan.
- Let set until firm.
- Spread sour cream over set mixture.
- Add remaining mixture, refrigerate until set.
I made this dish for company and EVERYONE loved it and asked for the recipe! I used it as a dessert but as you stated, it can also be used as a side dish. It is a very versatile dish, full of flavor and very easy to make. I like the fact that it can be made ahead of time also. A perfect dish for pot luck too. Thanks so much Susan!!!
We made this yesterday--for just hubby and I--and have already devoured 1/3 of it! Delicious, made a wonderful lunch, and so easy to make. The only mistake I made was mashing the bananas too early in the process, and they started to brown slightly before I added to salad.
My friend's grandmother would always make this dessert for family gatherings and it was always my favorite! I'm glad I could find the recipe for it. It tastes just as delicious as I remember! Thanks for sharing!