Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
My version of Greek Salad. Sometimes two of us share this for dinner with homemade garlic bread. It's great for lunch, too. We love it! This salad really shows off a high quality olive oil! I have also made this with tender butter lettuce instead of the romaine. So good!
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 head romaine lettuce, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, sliced, then cut slices into 3 pieces
- 1⁄3 cucumber, cut in 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 green onions or 1⁄4 red onion, sliced
- 1 medium tomatoes, cut in wedges then cut wedges in half
- 1⁄2 large avocado, cut in 1/2-inch cubes
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup pitted kalamata olive
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Place the Dijon mustard in a small bowl and add the lemon juice. Mix this well with a fork.
- Slowly pour in the olive oil while you keep mixing briskly with the fork. (You want to achieve a little emulsification.) Then add salt and pepper to taste. Be a little stingy with the salt as you are going add lots of salty feta cheese and Kalamata olives to the salad.
- Dip a piece of the lettuce into the dressing to see if the dressing is to your liking. If not, make adjustments now.
- Place the romaine lettuce in a large salad bowl. Add the other vegetables and avocado, then top with the Kalamata olives and crumbled feta cheese.
- Pour the dressing on top and lightly toss the salad.
Yummy, and a terrific light dressing. I added a tiny bit of garlic and "some" oregano to the dressing. Used green pepper since out of red, and a shallot since I had no green onions. And I LOVED the addition of avocado.
A great and healthy salad for a hot summer day! The salad was so easy to make too! Thanks! Made for Cookbook Tag.
I'm a salad lover and this is a real winner in my book, have it in the the top of the list for best salada ever!!!!! I WILL be repeating this soon, maybe tomorrow(had it for lunch today Lol) umm so good. The avocado gave it a nice touch. Thank you for posting.