1/1 Photo of Luscious Glazed Key Lime Cake
1 hr 20 mins
Adapted from Forida Keys Treasures, this is a treasure for sure! You may replace 1/2 cup of the oil with 1/2 cup applesauce to reduce the fat!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package lemon cake mix (Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Lemon Supreme recommended)
- 1 (4 ounce) package instant lemon pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10-inch Bundt pan.
- 2For cake:.
- 3Combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, oil, water and 1/4 cup fresh lime juice in large bowl. Beat at low speed with electric mixer until moistened. Beat at medium speed 2 minutes. Pour into pan.
- 4Bake at 350 degrees F for 50-60 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool in pan 25 minutes.
- 5Remove cake from pan onto wire rack, to loosen. Return cake to pan. Poke holes in top of warm cake with wooden pick or long-tined fork.
- 6For glaze:.
- 7Combine 2 cups confectioners' sugar, fresh lime juice, water and melted butter in medium bowl.
- 8Pour slowly over top of warm cake. Cool completely.
- 9Invert cake onto serving plate. Dust with additional confections sugar.
- 10Garnish with lime slices and strawberry slices, if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Luscious Glazed Key Lime Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1732 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 6057.0
- Calories from Fat 2898
- Total Fat 322.0 g
- Saturated Fat 58.1 g
- Cholesterol 917.4 mg
- Sodium 5359.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 764.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 463.1 g
- Protein 48.7 g