Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Adapted from Forida Keys Treasures, this is a treasure for sure! You may replace 1/2 cup of the oil with 1/2 cup applesauce to reduce the fat!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package lemon cake mix (Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Lemon Supreme recommended)
- 1 (4 ounce) package instant lemon pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄3 cup key lime juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- confectioners' sugar (for garnish)
- lime slice (for garnish)
- fresh strawberry slices (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10-inch Bundt pan.
- For cake:.
- Combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, oil, water and 1/4 cup fresh lime juice in large bowl. Beat at low speed with electric mixer until moistened. Beat at medium speed 2 minutes. Pour into pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 50-60 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool in pan 25 minutes.
- Remove cake from pan onto wire rack, to loosen. Return cake to pan. Poke holes in top of warm cake with wooden pick or long-tined fork.
- For glaze:.
- Combine 2 cups confectioners' sugar, fresh lime juice, water and melted butter in medium bowl.
- Pour slowly over top of warm cake. Cool completely.
- Invert cake onto serving plate. Dust with additional confections sugar.
- Garnish with lime slices and strawberry slices, if desired.
This was a really good and moist cake with a great citrus taste. Made as written and it was a big hit at our church dinner tonight. Made for the Cook-a-Thon in memory of Sharon's husband.
This was a big hit at work. The glaze is very tart and marries well with the sweetness of the cake. Very moist.